Volunteer Emergency Services
Preston Volunteer Emergency Services, Inc. (PVES), a 501(c)3 organization, provides life saving fire and medical emergency services to the greater Pottsboro area residents, including the estimated over 1 million visitors to Lake Texoma each year, including 5 marinas, numerous youth camps and recreational areas.
Here are a few highlights of our organization:
- All firefighters are volunteers • Fully staffed ambulance 24/7, 365 days a year
- Firefighters exceed State of Texas standards
- Each shift has 2 personnel, a Paramedic and EMT
- Our service area is rated ISO5, lowers your insurance
- New 2013 Horton Type III ambulance with power cot
- Firefighters assist with accidents and emergencies • Critical Care Transports, trained staff & equipment
- Largest water tanker in the area
- Transmission of EKG while in route to hospital
- 3 fire engines, 1 grass, 1 rescue, 1 tanker truck, 1 command vehicle
- Electronic medical records on laptops, high security
- Mutual aid and backup for Pottsboro and surrounding fire departments
- Secondary ambulance staffed as needed
- Equipment at two stations, one on Hwy. 289, one on Georgetown Rd. (Cambridge Shores)
- Can administer paralytic drugs (breathing or cardiac emergencies), the only one in Grayson Co.
Funding to sustain our services is provided by:
- Community supported fund raising events, including the annual Boot Scootin’ Ball
- The City of Pottsboro and Grayson County contracts for ambulance services
- Foundation grants
- PVES Foundation grants
We are proud to serve you and thanks for your support!